Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:20:36 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <Matthias.Apitz@Sisis.de>
To:        PB <pb@wave.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nokia 5110 + FreeBSD ?

On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 03:53:46PM +0000, PB wrote:

> >Do you have some specification about this adaptor?
> >And: What means "rs232 data" for you if you say it does not talk it?
> >
> to add information, I heard there is a pcmcia adapter for the nokia 5110 so
> my question is rather if that one works..

It will work if someone writes a driver and some application
for it (can't imagine that this is already done at the moment).

The main problem (in any such case) is that you need the specs
and data-sheets for such PCMCIA card, much time and some
good design for applications (the question is: what do you
want to do later with that device, e.g. what should be able
to do from the user-land later).

I know a GSM device (Falcon A1) which has a "normal" RS-232
interface and uses AT-style commands for call control and other
stuff. You may also use kermit or cu(1) to control such
device. I have had some mail exchange with a reseller of it
and he was willing to sponsor a test device for some weeks too.
I also have the specs for it if someone is willing to spend
the time and the call costs for writing nice apps :-))

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49 89 61308 351, fax: +49 89 61308 188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

UNIX, Windows95 and WindowsNT -- also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.