Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 09:02:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: pause... when copying file

David Greenman writes:

> >Pauses like this have been noticeably usual for several months here.
>
>    I don't suppose both of you use bash? John mentioned a similar thing and it
> went away when he upgraded to the newest release of it.

No, I use csh.  The other kernel I was using on a regular basis ('cause
it was nice and stable) was -current on:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1033040 Feb 12 12:41 /kernel

I am 90% sure it doesn't have a "funny pause".  I've noticed it twice
in less than a day with this new kernel.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936