Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:39:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      peter lageotakes <plageotakes@yahoo.com>
To:        Daniela <dgw@liwest.at>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9-RELEASE doesn't recognize NIC

--- Daniela <dgw@liwest.at> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm installing FreeBSD 4.9 on a brand-new machine.
> The problem is that it
> doesn't recognize my network card, no matter what I
> do.
> The vendor ID is 10DE and the device ID is 0066 (the
> BIOS tells me these
> numbers).
> I have 4.9-STABLE sources on another machine and I
> need to upgrade the system
> with a custom kernel, and install some
> already-compiled ports via NFS as
> well.
> The BIOS has a network boot feature, could I
> probably make use of that?
>
> Going with 5.X is not an option for me, I need a
> stable system for server use.
>
> Regards,
> Daniela

Hello,
I just did a quick search on yahoo and it appears to
be an Nvidia chipset.  There was just a question on
the mailing lists about a smiliar chipset.

The original subject was "nVidia chipset - ethernet
support?"  I still have a few of the responses in my
in box and  I would be more than glad to forward them
on to you.

FYI: its located in the ports collection "nvnet"
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=nvnet&stype=all
More information can be found at:
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/

Pete