Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:16:00 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fortune in English or Spanish

Reko Turja wrote:

> From: "Matthias Apitz" <m.apitz@oclcpica.org>
> To: "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
> Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
>=20
>=20
> >> Fortune is part of the base system.
> >
> > Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see it:
>=20
> > man fortune
>=20
> FILES
>      /usr/games/fortune
>=20
>      /usr/share/games/fortune/*        the fortunes databases (those=20
> files
>                                        ending ``-o'' contain the=20
> offensive fortunes)
>=20
> Fortune is part of "games" package.

It occurred to me that you could just try:

     which fortune

and see what it returns. If it is not /usr/games/fortune then you don't
have it installed. You may have to use sysinstall to load it. I am not
sure about that however.

--=20
Gerard

People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that
which they love is true. =20

     Robert J. Ringer. =20