Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:36:30 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
Subject:   Re: Video Card for FreeBSD 9.0 (RC2) AMD64

On Monday, December 12, 2011 2:22:55 pm Dieter BSD wrote:
> Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> >> I have been looking for a video card that FreeBSD 9.0 (RC2) AMD64
> >> supports fully.  Nothing, so far.
>
> Full support requires full documentation or full reverse-engineering.
> nVidia is openly hostile towards FLOSS, I don't expect any
> documentation from them in the forseeable future.

Hmmm, you have a really odd definition of openly hostile.  As an open source
developer I am in regular contact with developers from nvidia who support the
nvidia driver on FreeBSD that they actively maintain.  OTOH, certain other
open source projects have a known history of intentionally changing ABIs to
break the nvidia driver.  I find that a good bit more hostile than the open
collobration I've had with nvidia.

--
John Baldwin