Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 1996 06:39:02 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@tahoma.cwu.edu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FDDI DRIVER: The curtain is going down on 2.1-stable in 5 days!

> With respect to 2.1.6, how about this small comprimise:  remove the two
> offending printf()'s in fddi_input() to keep the message buffer from
> overflowing with debug output when an fddi ring has something other than
> IP on it (kern/1859).  There seemed to be some consensus for doing this
> when I brought it up in -hackers a little while ago.

Well, let's see what David comes up with, and I will make that change
for 2.1.6 if nothing else is done.  I don't want to make the mods now
only to have the entire file change out from under.  Your version of
the de driver fixes aren't actually the only ones, and there may be
some more attractive alternatives yet available.  David's call in any
case.

						Jordan