Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 00:55:15 +0100 (MEZ)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de>
To:        mhi@internetmci.com (Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STOP LOGGIN ON THE CONSOLE!!

Hi Robert,

It was Robert who wrote:
> help
> how do I get logging to stop on the console.
> sendmail and fwtk keeps loggin and disturbing me... :)
> is there any way to get it to JUST go in a log file??

You want to read `man syslogd' and edit /etc/syslog.conf.
There you define, which information gets logged to /dev/console,
root or all users (*).

You should find the information, which program logs at which severity,
in the respective man-page.

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)