Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 19:55:12 -0000
From:      "Peter MacLeod" <pmacleod@my-dejanews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gs-5.10 and landscape printing from Mac

I'm running gs-5.10 (installed from 3.0-RELEASE/packages) on a system running FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE, using netatalk's papd to serve an Appletalk print queue, printing to an HP Deskjet 855C, using the cjd850 driver. I'm printing from my Mac running MacOS 8.5.1, using either PrintPS or AdobePS. I set up /etc/printcap, etc. using apsfilter. Everything works fine except that when I try to print landscape pages, pages come out clipped but not rotated, i.e. still in portrait with the right few inches chopped off. If I distill to PDF, and print from Acrobat Reader on the Mac, it prints correctly. I've tried several different PPDs.

I installed gs-5.50 and nothing changed. When I view a landscape file using x11 as the driver, it comes up in a portrait orientation. I installed gs-2.6.2, and it worked fine, though that version doesn't have a cdj850 driver, and the cdj550 driver doesn't support the 855C very well (otherwise I'd stick with that).

Any suggestions for what I might try?

Thanks for your help,
Peter

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----