Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:18:11 -0500
From:      Justin Smith <jsmith@drexel.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question and request

I have a Toshiba Portege 3500 tablet PC and would like to install
FreeBSD on it alongside Windows.

It has a PCMCIA CDROM drive and the only version of Linux that
recognizes it is Mandrake (my least favorite distribution). Although the
current Linux kernel supports this drive (evidently), the other
distributions do not include drivers for it in the version of the kernel
used for installs.

Other Linuxen boot but cannot find the CDROM afterwards.

1. My question: does FreeBSD 5.2 support it?

2. My request (if the answer to 1 is yes): Can the kernel used in the
install CD's (when they are made up) contain this support?