Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 07:37:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Guido Kollerie <gkoller@cs.vu.nl>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Defect list (camcontrol)

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

Thanks to everyone who responded. I didn't know all disks came with a
preset defect list (except for Conner disks, that is ;-)

> 	One thing I've though of doing is setting up a cron job that runs
> nightly and looks at the GLIST to see if it is any different than it was
> the day before.  That might be an interesting way to detect when a disk
> starts to go bad.  To get just the GLIST, you'd do something like:
>
> camcontrol -dG -f block -u 2

substituting 0 for 2, I get:
Got 1 defect:
1469561

That's a number I can live with. For those that were interested in what
kind of a disk I was refering to: Fujitsu M-2954-QUA (fast-wide scsi, 2.3
GB)

--
Guido Kollerie