Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2016 08:40:36 -0400
From:      Steve Korbett <amuskindu@yourispnamehere.com>
To:        Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>, Paul Stuffins <freebsd@ravexdata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL backend for PowerDNS

Jim - That would just install the mysql client, right?  I didn't think
that'd change the compiled options on ports which can use mysql.

In my experience, I have to compile mysql support into PowerDNS.  If you
have to do this across many installs or feel more comfortable using pkg,
you can set up poudriere to create a local repository which compiles
PowerDNS with the mysql backend enabled.  I used this tutorial to make
mine, and it works fine. http://www.bsdnow.tv/tutorials/poudriere

-Steve