Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:01:31 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        groggy@iname.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: email -> maillist

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 08:17:05PM +0000, groggy@iname.com wrote:
> fbsd-quesitons is blocking email sent from hosts with private IPs
> on my network - i had this problem a wile back, hten it went away
> and now it is occuring once again.  i assume its to block spammers,
> but?  is there anyway to send the maillist email form a private IP
> using a SMTP client with a private IP?

You forward your email to an SMTP host which will allow you to relay
email, and which has a reverse-ptr address for it. It doesn't matter
that you've got an internal address, so long as the IP address as seen
from the 'Net has got an entry in the DNS for it.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>