Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:26:40 +0000
From:      Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard@reallm.com>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache problems

I know this isn't directly freebsd related, but this list has been good
to me before.

I am running 5-STABLE. I installed Apache 2.1.4 using make install clean
after updating my ports collection. Everything seemed to go fine. I
then installed mod_php5 via make install clean. I added 192.168.1.102
thereallm.org to my /etc/hosts file (I am testing this box before I
send it out for co-located hosting). When I run apachectl start I get
no errors - even with -e, but there's no pid for apache or httpd in top
(via "top | grep httpd" or "top | grep apache").

Thanks,

Bryan
--
Open Source: by the people, for the people.