Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:52:03 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Matt" <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

Hi,

I have just got hold of an old laptop which has a xircom creditcard
ethernet 10/100+ modem 56 card in it (CEM56-100). I installed FreeBSD
5.1-RELEASE on the laptop with no problems at all. Everything is detected
and working fine except this ethernet card. This is obviously a really big
problem as I wish to cvsup it to -current!

The problem I have is that when the card is inserted, or just left in
there as the laptop boots I get this appear on console:

pccard0: Card has no functions!
cbb0: PC Card card activation failed

In the boot sequence I see the following:

cbb0: <TI1225 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> at device 4.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <Cardbus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
cbb1: <TI1225 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> at device 4.1 on pci0
cardbus1: <Cardbus bus> on cbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1

It is currently FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE. I have no experience with laptop's
and FreeBSD and so I may have just forgotton to do something. I looked
through defaults/rc.conf and the only related thing I could find was
pccard_enable which I tried setting but I get the same result.

I tried recompilnig the kernel with xe, cbb, pcic, pccard, cardbus
specifically in there and same thing as GENERIC.

The card worked fine when it was running win2k before. Any ideas?

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt@xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.