Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:30:38 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Chris Landauer <cal@rush.aero.org>
Cc:        bzeeb+freebsd+sk4@zabbadoz.net
Subject:   Re: sk0 driver problem and (with luck) approach to a fix

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Chris Landauer wrote:

Hi,

> 	Marvell Yukon 88E8050 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
> relevant output from pciconf -l -v:
>
> skc0@pci3:0:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x3032107b chip=0x436111ab rev=0x17 hdr=0x00
>     vendor   = 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
>     class    = network
>     subclass = ethernet
>
> relevant output from dmesg:
>
> skc0: <Marvell Gigabit Ethernet> port 0x2000-0x20ff mem 0xc8100000-0xc8103fff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
> skc0: unknown device!
> device_attach: skc0 attach returned 6

I have added following patch
http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/EXPERIMENTAL/if_sk-marvell-88e8050-id.diff

with the contents on what you already (should) have done/described.
It's pretty much straight forward.

Changing more logic (switch case,..) is not done because of other
changes going on there atm.

If the driver will work for your card with the above patch is unknown
because nobody tested and noone I know has specs from Marvell. But you
might be quite lucky with it.

Please let me know the results of your tests and I will continue to
handle this.

--
Greetings