Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2098 13:53:58 -1000
From:      "mtts" <adm@gus.orgus.ru>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IPFilter

Hi!

I have installed IPFilter3.2.9 on my FreeBSD2.2.1. During the installation
it gave me a lot of warnings saying that something wrong with some
variables in C-files. But everything seem to work properly, at least
ipnat. I am not too keen in IPFilters yet and can not fully understand how
to configure it. Can you help me in two cases:

 1. One computer serves as a Proxy-server and Firewall. It has two
    network cards. One connected to the Internet and the other to our LAN.
    I want:
     a) both inside and outside users can use the Proxy(tcp port-3128, udp
        port-3130);
     b) inside users can receive their mail from the outside email-server
        (popper)
     c) All other things are prohibited. I mean to say nobody can connect
        to the computer, with the exception of I can telnet and ftp to it
        from a dedicated computer in my network.

 2. One more computer serves as DNS, email(sendmail and qpopper) and
    terminal server for the connection of the remote users using ppp.
    I want:
     a) All the traffic can be passed through the computer between the
        remote users and Internet freely;
     b) The computer can serve:
          - DNS requests from anywhere;
          - receive the mail from Internet and deliver it to the users and
            vice versa (popper);
     c) All other connections to the computer are prohibited, except one
        dedicated computer in my network.

Thank You.