Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:37:11 EDT
From:      GeneTRex@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting

I must be over looking something. I left an earlier message about trying to
find install.bat but it turn's out it's not really needed or it's just
included within the novice installation from the boot disk. After playing with
the partition size I got enough room to do the install.  I have 1 hard drive
with a small 50 meg dos partition including the downloaded distribution files.
I created the boot floppy went through novice install, all installed, I
rebooted the bootmanager came up with dos and FREEBSD boot choices, Dos boots
OK but.....

 FREEBSD reports that it can't find the boot config or boot help.

Oh I have searched the surly bonds of FAQ and new groups and didn't see my
answer though I well could have missed it.  It is hard to believe that I'm
discovering anything new and though I would greatly appreciate help directly
related to this problem I would even more appreciate directions to some user
friendly type guide that would answer these questions (and if point me to
somewhere in the install quide or an easily located source - I'll eat my hard
drive)

Any help would be appreciated.

                Gene