Date:      Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:24:22 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        "Craig Boston" <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of ATA subsystem

Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org> writes:
> You want stability *AND* bleeding edge features?  How about a potion of
> immortaility while we're at it? (only joking, of course)

Heh. The struggle for perfection rarely implies that absolute
perfection will be achieved. This does not mean I will refrain from
struggling. ;)

> I'd say to be absolutely sure, pick a machine that's generally
> reperensative of the hardware you have (but not too terribly
> important), do a buildworld and buildkernel, installkernel, reboot
> and see if it works.

An excellent suggestion, which I will plan on taking.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.