Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:34:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Danny McQuade <dmcquade@techie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DSL Dropped Connection

Hi there. I recently setup PPPoE on my FreeBSD box (4.0-REL) and got my Bell
Atlantic DSL connection working. When it works it works great, but I am
finding that my connection constantly freezes up (or drops, I am not sure)
and the PPP software does not reconnect (As it should be doing when used
with the -dedicated/-ddial options). I was wondering if anyone else had
similar problems like this and if so what solutions were used. Otherwise I
am going to call Bell Atlantic and have them come take a look at my phone
line for problems. Thanks for any advice.

Danny McQuade
dmcquade@techie.com