Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:32:39 +0100
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro@gmail.com>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw-tools/cdrtools write only 4GB to BluRay

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se> wrote:
>> 2013-02-26 15:07, Tomek CEDRO skrev:
>>> I have noticed that growisofs writes only 4GB of data to BluRay disks
>>> - this happended to 2x BD-R and 1x BD-RE - what is the problem?
>> It's all in the handbook, and is very good reading.
>
> Hello Bernt :-) Thank you, but 4GB filesize limit of ISO9660 this is
> not quite my problem (although some years ago I have proposed solution
> that you have mentioned because cdrtools was in alpha stage and
> FreeBSD did use cdrtools from 2004 for very long time and so it was
> missing the -udf -iso-level 3 switches etc etc) :-)
>
> My problem is that whole data stored on the BluRay disk has 4GB.

Wow! It seems that ISO itself also needs -iso-level 3 to burn more
than 4GB on BluRay disks properly. When you create an ISO image
without -iso-level 3 it only gets 4GB! Also -udf switch is necessary
as BluRay use UDF by default. :-)

I guess its time to update Handbook again :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek