Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:28:20 +0900
From:      "Lundberg, Johannes" <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp>
To:        Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Alexander Tarasikov <alexander.tarasikov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [GSoC 2014] Interested in ARM bringup tasks

Hi

I would love to see a porting effort to the new Tegra K1 board. Release is
set to Q2 this year but I don't know if it will be in time for GSoC...
With the powerful GPU on the K1 I see lots of uses in image processing
device in cars, surveillance etc, gaming consoles, tablet, smartphones etc.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-k1-processor.html

Thanks!

--
Johannes Lundberg
BRILLIANTSERVICE CO., LTD.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>wrote:

> Alexander,
>

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Alexander Tarasikov <
> alexander.tarasikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Alexander,

> > > Interesting. I'm not quite sure how accessible is some pins like uart
> in
> > > Experia Z.
> > > I have it here, but I still didn't try to open it yet to see the pins
> > etc.
> > > Probably you meant here some embedded boards like ifc6410.
> > > Plus ifc6410 has docs so that could be useful too.
> > >

> > Yes, that's the trouble with mobile phones - getting UART is hard. On
> > the other hand,
> > having pre-initialized framebuffer also helps in most cases. The problem
> > with
> > ifc6410 board is that I don't have one and even if someone wants to send
> > me one, I may have huge trouble with customs.
> >
> > I personally have the Xperia Z phone, and I don't really want to *buy*
> > another one
> > (because it looks like I have far more hardware than I have time to
> > play with it)
> > I may be able get my hands on an OMAP4-based Galaxy Nexus. Maybe someone
> > from Moscow could lend me some hardware. If I get stuck with Xperia, I
> may
> > exchange it for a Nexus 5 on a local craiglist since it's also qcom
> > but has UART.

> > > That is the hell, it seems Qualcomm uses lauterbach jtag adapter in
> that
> > > case.
> > > I and my friend and also some people have tried some adapters like
> > > flyswatter2 with ifc6410, still no luck.

> > > That can be done. Their bootloader like maybe LK in case of ifc6410 can
> > boot
> > > freebsd kernel.
> > > Actually I did that for ifc6410.
> >
> > I have not investigated how FreeBSD boots yet, but iirc LK only supports
> > linux
> > (at least it did 3 years ago when I ported it to msm7200A). Since you
> > have a working
> > kernel for ifc6410, I could try using it first. If it at least boots,
> > we can ignore the
> > UART and go straight into writing mmc block drivers.
> >

> Even if you write mmc driver you still need full functioning uart driver
> (kernel+userland), that makes debugging easier at least and yet it allows
> to see all the boot messages and you know for sure you get login prompt :)
>
> Ganbold

> > > That could be cool.

> > > That is nice. However first we need uart driver, then either usb ehci,
> > mmc
> > > or sata driver needs to mount rootfs in order to boot freebsd to
> > multiuser
> > > mode. I already have timer driver and minimal console driver so it
> makes
> > > booting little bit easier.

> [...]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
$BHkL)J];}$K$D$$$F!'$3$NEE;R%a!<%k$O!"L>08?M$KAw?.$7$?$b$N$G$"$j!"HkF?FC8"$NBP>]$H$J$k>pJs$r4^$s$G$$$^$9!#(B
$B$b$7!"L>08?M0J30$NJ}$,<u?.$5$l$?>l9g!"$3$N%a!<%k$NGK4~!"$*$h$S$3$N%a!<%k$K4X$9$k0l@Z$N3+<(!"(B
$BJ#<L!"G[I[!"$=$NB>$NMxMQ!"$^$?$O5-:\FbMF$K4p$E$/$$$+$J$k9TF0$b$5$l$J$$$h$&$*4j$$?=$7>e$2$^$9!#(B
---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information in this email is confidential
and intended solely for the addressee.
Disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action of use of this
email by person other than intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, please destroy the original message.