Date:      Wed, 13 May 2009 20:36:10 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <gaijin.k@gmail.com>
To:        Sylvio =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar?= Teixeira Amorim <scjamorim@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hi Guys

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 17:17 -0300, Sylvio César Teixeira Amorim wrote:
> Kevin,
>
>   my laptop is Intel Core 2 duo 2.26, FSB 1066Mhz, DDR3.
> my sysctl
>
> hw.acipi.thermal.tz0._PSV: -1
> hw.acipi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 107.0C

Please, do not top-post -- it makes it harder to follow the thread.

Do you by any chance have message to the tune of

"acpi_tz0: _PSV value is absurd, ignored..."

in you boot log? "grep absurd /var/log/messages" should give you the
answer to this question.

If answer is "yes" and you are willing to override your ASL, dump it
according to the "Handbook" instructions and put it somewhere, I can get
to it.

As an alternative, you can add

hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling=1
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override=1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV=75C

to /etc/sysctl.conf. This might or might not work as BIOS might tell OS
to reevaluate _PSV and restore absurd value. You should replace 75C with
the value you have in mind for your system.

HTH,

--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)