Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:39:13 -0600
From:      mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with compact flash reader under -stable

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 03:20:40PM -0600, mikea wrote:

> This is beginning to pique my interest quite strongly. I have a
> USB flash memory reader at home, and I just rebuilt everything
> to bring it all up to FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE #0. I'll see what,
> if anything, I can coax it into doing. It certainly behaves as a
> removable disk drive on Win ME, and I can read and write it under
> that [CENSORED] OS.
>
> The results of the experiment tomorrow.

The results of the experiment are quite disappointing:

	Dec 31 17:35:43 mikea /kernel: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
	Dec 31 17:38:25 mikea /kernel: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

which indicates that Bad Things happen during device attach. I'm
recompiling with hubdebug set to 10 in usbhub.c; maybe I'll see
something useful. More later.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea@mikea.ath.cx