Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:46:58 -0000
From:      "Alan Jay" <alan@cyclopsvision.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD 5.3R support the RAID card MegaRAID SCSI 320-2E

> Subject: Re: Can FreeBSD 5.3R support the RAID card MegaRAID SCSI 320-2E
card?
> > I have search amr on
> >
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=amr&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-
> RELEASE
> >
> > It said support the following:
> >      7	 AMI MegaRAID 320-1
> >      7	 AMI MegaRAID 320-2
> >      7	 AMI MegaRAID 320-4X
> >      7	 AMI MegaRAID Series 418
> >
> > Anyone knows amr supports MegaRAID SCSI 320-2E card?
> > TKS.
>
> The amr(4) manpage in -CURRENT lists the 320 variants, the -2E
> specifically (is that a PCI Express version?).  We have a amr(4)  driver
> update coming in shortly to -CURRENT and then RELENG_5; keep an eye out
> for that and test it if you can.

We use these RAID controllers on our machines and have been running the 320-1
and 320-2 with 4.10 very happily and without incident.  We have also been
running the 320-1 on 5.3 -STABLE and although we have had problems with 5.3 it
hasn't had anything to do with the RAID controller :).

>From the LSI Logic web site
(http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/index.html) the E does look like
the PCI Express version.