Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:01:00 -0400
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org>
To:        Ben Jencks <ben-freebsd-current@bjencks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Left/right arrow and backspace translation confusion

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:57:51AM -0700, Ben Jencks wrote:
> Did you start the screen session from within the local/telnet/ssh/serial
> connection you're attempting to use it from? I've found that if you
> start a screen session with one keyboard/OS/keymap/method of connection,
> and attempt to use it from another, it screws up the "special" keys.

A good question indeed, but I've actually tried that both ways too.
I've even tried a few games with detaching from a screen session,
changing TERM in the parent shell, and attaching again; though I don't
remember results very specifically for that.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org
BART Group         doug@bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com