Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:19:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slashdot

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Chris Costello wrote:

>    While I find Slashdot to be quite a popular "technical" news
> source, I believe my efforts in getting the Matrix article on
> Slashdot were badly misplaced, given the comments to the Matrix
> article.
>
>    Now I believe I'll try to focus my efforts on getting some
> real press, like everybody else is doing. :)

except the one raving Fbsd "advocate" i think it went pretty well.

check the almost last comment. :)
"As a result of getting lashed out at as a result of my OpenBSD
observations, I'm downloading the lastest stable FreeBSD. (3.1)
and am going to try it out. "

(the linux VS minix flame was mine)

the FUD dispelling answers to the Linux fanatics were very well worded,
as long as people are civil when defending FreeBSD, it looks pretty good.

I just spent 20 minutes working with one of the pro-linux posters
doing a FreeBSD install over IRC... :)

Don't get discouraged.  This went very well from my point of view.

At least 2 new people giving FreeBSD a "shot".

-Alfred