Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:31:06 +0100
From:      <adam@adamretter.eclipse.co.uk>
To:        <wmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Support for the Netgear WG311T

David,

I have had a very frustrating coupld of weeks trying to purchase in the UK a
freebsd supported WiFi Card.

I originally started with a D-Link DWL-G520+ (not supported)

Next I got a Netgear WG311EU which i was assured would work fine and was the
Atheros chipset. When it turned up mine was actually a WG311 v2 (a version
2 model) The version two is based on the Texas Instruments TNETW Chipset and
is not yet supported, but work is underway in the form of
http://wlan.kewl.org
The version 1 of the card used to be the Atheros chipset.

pciconf -lv will tell you which chipset the card is.

I finally resorted to the rather more expensive D-Link DWL-AG520 cards which
are reported to have good support although I havent had a chance to
properbly test them yet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Adam.