Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:13:50 +0000
From:      Mike Zanker <A.M.Zanker@open.ac.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Celeron 333 kernel panic

At 10:13 28/01/99 , Mike Zanker wrote:

>Thanks, this is the problem - I've only got I586_CPU in my config. I *knew*
>I should have kept a GENERIC kernel around!

OK, I've been very, very silly and not kept a GENERIC kernel around and
cannot boot with my existing kernel. Is there some way of booting from
floppy (e.g. boot.flp from 3.0-RELEASE or 3.0-SNAP) and copying a GENERIC
kernel to my existing root partition. I should be very grateful if someone
could point me in the direction of any documentation.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker                         | Email: A.M.Zanker@open.ac.uk
Network and Computer Services Group | Tel : +44 1908 652726