Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:14:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Karl fulminates, film at 11. == thanks

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> On the whole, I feel there's been far too much drawing of conclusions
> and not enough listening and understanding, for a variety of reasons,
> none simple or open to pop rationalisation.  Terry has probably
> codified it best, but all he's managed to do is ask the questions, not
> propose any answers.

Terry may be long winded at some times, but at least he knows what
questions to ask.  I personally missed most of this whole episode, not
being on -current.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I really
think that any organisational body needs a head of some sort.  As much as
we laugh at dilbert, management is necessary, and good management is hard
to find.  I think Jordan did a hell of a job in his time as 'President.'
I personally am sorry to see that FreeBSD no longer has any official
leader as such.  FreeBSD does not need the Linus godhead that Linux has,
but it does need a leader to keep it focused.  I worked for
Anheuser-Busch for 5 years in my late teens/early twenties, 4 of them in
a supervisory position.  The one thing I learned in all those meetings
and training classes is that management is a necessary evil.

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.