Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 20:44:24 +1000
From:      "Taras M. Dowhaluk" <tarasd@visiondb.com.au>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to enable Multi-link PPP

Thanks for the quick response.

> The first thing that jumps out is that you're using two different
> login names.... is this really required ?

The ISP has given us 2 logins, one gets us the aaa.bbb.ccc.146 IP address
and the other aaa.bbb.ccc.147. I'll try the one set of credentials and see
what happens.

> To see what's happening with MP negotiations, enable lcp logging.  If
> your MRRU option is rejected, the server doesn't do MP.

Ah, thats the thing, I see only one 'reject':
tun0: LCP: cuac00: -- Protocol 0x80fd (Compression Control Protocol) was
rejected!

As for LCP, there is a truckload of output but I can't see any rejection. I've
emailed the log seperately so as not to clutter the list.

Thanks again,
taras