Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:13:52 +0800
From:      "Stephen Cooper" <stephenc@ios.alphawest.com.au>
Subject:   Managing apache-fp with Frontpage Editor - Doesnt work?

I have installed Frontpage 98 (fp-apache actually) from the ports collection

When I try to administer the web site using Frontpage Editor from my NT
workstation I get the following error

404 File Not Found
File Not Found The requested URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc was not found
on this server.

I looked in /usr/local/www/data/_vti_bin and none of the .exe files were
there!! The fp_install.sh script did not put them there.

This is the contents of /usr/local/frontpage/version3.0/_vti_bin

_vti_bin/shtml.exe
_vti_bin/_vti_adm/admin.exe
_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe

I tried adding the following to srm.conf:

Alias /_vti_bin /usr/local/frontpage/version3.0/_vti_bin

I also tried linking the executables, but alas still the same error. What is
this /_vti_rpc that shtml.exe is using as a parameter?

So:

1) Is it possibel to manage an apache web server with Frontpage 3.0
extensions using Frontpage 98 Editor?

if so

2) Has fp_install incorrectly set up the root web?

and if so

3) has anyone any idea on how I might fix this?