Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 19:53:11 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley-185-114.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE support?

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Chris Csanady wrote:

> I know this is far fetched, but are there any plans for making
> IDE on the alpha work in the near future?  I would really like to
> play with FreeBSD/alpha, although all of our 164LX's only have IDE
> disks.

It is on my list of things to do but I probably won't get around to it for
a while (I don't actually have an ide disk here but I can probably
scrounge one from work).

> Another thing--does anyone know if it is possible to get SRM on
> the Samsung UX2 boards?  (Or even if their PCI is as horrible
> broken as it is on the LX?)

I have no idea about firmware options for the UX2.  I have fond hopes of
writing an AlphaBIOS bootstrap at some point in the future but the
priorities for that are pretty low right now.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039