Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:32:04 +0000
From:      dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BitTorrent configuration in FreeBSD-6.2 -for Large file downloads &uploads

Hi all,

I had a freebsd 6.2server ,  I want this m/c to be serve  iso images , so u=
sers of my webportal  have the  the facility to download iso images , each =
iso about 650
MB size ,=20

I heard about Bittorrent so I installed this through FreeBSd ports
tree , the installation is complete .( I can see the commands
bittoreent-curses, bittorrent-console, bittorrent-tracker etc .. by
typing them in shell)

I dont know where to put these  iso images (these images stored in this
servers one of the normal users eg :   /home /myname /1.iso, 2.iso,3.iso et=
c ..) so bittorent can serve these files .

 I want  the users of
my webportal can down load these images (by clicking a link in the
website that I hosted in this server machine ) I have apache2.2
installed  and a plone /zope installation for my webportal  and all  workin=
g in this box=20

But how I can use Bittorrent to serve these big files to the remote
users of my website (so that I can save a lot of bandwidth of  my network c=
onnection ) =20

The Bittorent is installed in this box was(  py24-BitTorrent-4.20.2_1,1 )  =
. I have the ISO images , but how can I put these ISO's to be served via  B=
ittorrent & how others can accesss these iso's from my webserver through bi=
ttorrent=20

pls provide your tips to do this=20

Thanks in advance=20

kk

Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Liv=
e Toolbar Today!
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=3Den-in=