Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 10:51:18 -0700
From:      "Adam Lofstedt" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: msn messenger and freebsd

What traffic are you letting in?  Are you forwarding the appropriate
ports to the XP box from the firewall?  I believe that the
whiteboard/desktop sharing stuff uses the netmeeting ports.  You will
have to allow that traffic in through your firewall.  Audio should work
ok, but video conferncing uses netmeeting.  Audio and Video in
Netmeeting is pretty tricky to get through a BSD firewall because it
uses an upper port range.  You need an H323 proxy.  I believe there is a
port for BSD for this.

Adam Lofstedt