Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:01:05 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        jahnke@sonatabio.com, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Automounting does not work...

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:46:12 -0600, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> wrote:

>> From: Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
>> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:20:41 -0800
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>>
>> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 01:17 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>>
>> > Totem no longer handles audio CDs as to avoid conflicts with
>> > sound-juicer and rhythmbox.  You should adjust gnome-volume-manager to
>> > launch one of those applications to handle audio CDs.
>>
>> This worked well, Joe -- thanks for the help.  Problem fixed.
>>
>> One last question, if I may.  I put in a bog-standard DVD, and Totem
>> claims I do not have the proper codecs installed.  Everything has been
>> updated, so what was standard in 2.14 should have been upgraded.
>>
>> Is this standard behavior, or are there some codecs that I have to add?
>> If the latter, I assume these are for gstreamer.  How can I find out
>> have I have installed, and what is available?
>>
>> FWIW, MPlayer works fine.
>
> Odd. I thought that Mezz had managed to squash this one.

Yeah, me too. I will need a full info of what exactly the error dialog
said about missing codec. Also, try to run 'totem --debug' and run the
same DVD that complain about missing codec to see if there has any useful
output of debug lines.

> Are gstreamer-plugins-dvd and gstreamer-plugins-ugly both installed?

...and gstreamer-plugins-mpeg2dec. Well, it's best to show us the full
pkg_info as recommend by http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html ..

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)