Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:29:20 +0100
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox chokes up for several seconds... frequently

On 03/06/2014 20:06, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> I am still desperately seeking assistance to fix this problem.  I have
> done everything I can to follow the Handbook instructions to the letter
> and Firefox is still choking up on the vast majority of web sites.
> (Apparently, almost every site on the Interwebs these days has a s**t
> load of embedded flash crap on it, you know, to make it look fancy
> schmancy.  I think this is absurdly stupid, but what do I know?)

I have experienced firefox and/or xorg apparently freezing for several
seconds which seems to be due to loading a page with a large image. I
can repeat by simply loading a local copy of any large (eg 2mb) jpeg
image in firefox.

top shows xorg using 100% cpu.

This is on 10.0-RELEASE, firefox-27.0.1,1, xorg-7.7.

Chris