Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 04:21:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latitude D800 (really Atheros support on T40)

--- Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:
> > As another data point, I'm running -CURRENT on my T40 specifically for
> > Atheros support which works well on my built-in A/B card.
>
> aiiii!  so i *did* screw up.  blech.
>
> i will give it another go in some weeks when i have time again.
>
> randy

The major problems I had were:
1) hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1" stopped the panic on startup
From: http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~trep/tsrT40freebsd.html

2) There was a CDROM corruption bug unknown when I was trying to install
-current.  It would boot, but the installation would fail for weird reasons.
As a last shot, I installed 5.1-RELEASE (which didn't have the bug) and
upgraded from there.  It's fixed now, so a simple boot from snapshot should
do the trick (or better yet, 5.2-BETA ISO).

Jeff