Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:29:43 +0300
From:      "Igor' Robul'" <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SFT-III like for FreeBSD?

Hello,
I'm thinking about making my _file_ servers more fault tolerant.
Is there anything for FreeBSD like SFT-III for Netware servers?
So I can mirror not only disks in one server, but mirror disk in one
server to disk in other server. For example I can install additional
netcards and connect they with direct cable. I know that this will not
give full protection for file server based DBs, but this will better
than nothing.
Also, not FreeBSD related question: is it possible in DOS FoxPro flush
all buffers without closing tables, so data on netserver will be in
sync with data in workstation memory. Then I can just make snapshop on
local disk on file server, and then copy data to other server. For
example once per 10 minutes.
I'm trying to build system which will work without me.

--
Igor' Robul', Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia