Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2013 11:52:27 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        tak.official@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh server hashcode change on nanoBSD

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:59:05 +0330, takCoder wrote:
> thank you for the details mentioned :)
>
> but now, a questions occurred to me about this ssh key.
> as i don't know enough about its process, would you please tell me whether
> this key is a shared key for all ssh clients who send a request? or it
> differs as the client changes?

The key received in the first step of a SSH session is the
host key which identifies the host (in your case: the nanoBSD
box). This key is stored in the SSH client's key database for
reference because the key of a box typically does not change.
If it changes - there should be a valid reason for it, or it
might look like "there's something wrong here".

As explained, this host key is generated when no key is found
at startup. As soon as you make it permanent to your nanoBSD
installation, the key will obviously stay the same, and the
SSH client won't complain.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany