Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:24:27 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        parv@pair.com
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem in building www/en: "make: don't know how to make /share/sgml/transtable.xml"

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Oct_11_13_24_27_2005_819)--

Parv <parv@pair.com> wrote
  in <20051011035727.GA69535@holestein.holy.cow>:

pa> I am trying to build the English version of freebsd.org web site w/o
pa> the complete docs ...
pa>
pa>   cd www/en
pa>   make all -DNOPORTSCVS \
pa>   ENGLISH_ONLY=y WITHOUT_DOC=y WEB_ONLY=y \
pa>
pa>
pa> ... that results in this error message ...
pa>
pa>   make: don't know how to make /share/sgml/transtable.xml. Stop
pa>
pa>
pa> I have set the $PORTSBASE, downloaded www, cvs-base, and very
pa> recently doc modules; installed jade 1.2.1_9.  None of that seems to
pa> have helped.  I had also set the CVSROOT for good it did (nothing as
pa> i expected).
pa>
pa> So, what other information will be needed for someone to help me
pa> build the local English copy of the freebsd web site w/o the docs?

 If you checked out the doc module I think the following works as
 you expected:

 % make all -DNOPORTSCVS ENGLISH_ONLY=y WEB_ONLY=y

 I noticed that a combination of WITHOUT_DOC and WEB_ONLY does not
 work just now.  Sorry, this is probably my fault and I will fix it.