Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:25:47 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Istvan A. Fulop" <ifulop@interware.hu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: possible email conflicts while virtual hosting

Hi,

    There isnt such a conlict, you can have your mail server with only 1 ip
address, and 20 domains in it, the mail server (I will recall sendmail for
this example), sits on port 25, and it is configured to receive mail from
several domains, if you want to have same usernames for different domains,
thats why the virtusertable its for, just map exact email addresses to local
users, like this:
sales@domain1.com    tom
sales@domain2.com    john
sales@domain3.com    charly
etc...
etc...
etc...

and thats it, this is how it works.

In the case of apache when you use the "NameVirtualHost"  directive, it will
only answer to the name that you have configured, not to the ip address (it
could if you want to configure the default host).

Good Luck...
Ales