Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:52:02 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        "Nethaniel St. Donovan" <nethaniel@box201.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Cards

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:38:34PM -0600, Nethaniel St. Donovan wrote:
> Option 6 for Freebsd boot up screen is "drop to boot commandline".

	Okay, that one. My problems started when I went to multi-user
    mode, and the RAID logical volume was accessed.

> Fail because whatever Linux I try (I prefer FreeBSD) the OS can't see the
> raid as a valid drive.

	I am running my collection of drives as a RAID 5, but I would
   think your situation should be similiar, given the 3210S is a
   faster version of the 3200S... Of course, I haven't tried to boot
   my RAID, it only contains user directories.

	When the Adaptec 3210S POST screen comes up, does it should
   one logical disk? I trust you don't have any of the ear-piercing
   alarms going off when the card performs its POST checks.

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes