Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:06:17 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        "bsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Suggestion re packages

Hi,
As I was browsing thru the questions mailing list just now, I thought of=20
something that might improve the ease of use of our ports/packages system=
=2E
It seems to me it would be helpful if packages included a quick summary o=
f any=20
options used to compile the package and anything else that isn't included=
 in=20
the packages, but is present in the port (or vice versa?). For example - =
 the=20
authentication bits in Squid)
I've come across problems several times where I couldn't get something to=
 work=20
because I'd installed the package rather than the port and I've seen=20
questions from others with the same problem.
What do you think?

Cheers,
Ian