Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:38:53 -0500
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mailman.. relative/absolute path issue???

On Apr 16, 2007, at 10:50 AM, David Southwell wrote:

> When I checked the properties for each of the three icons at the
> bottom of the
> mail list creation page I found that the sought path is, for example:
> http://www.vizion2000.net/usr2/virtualwebs/icons/PythonPowered.png
> but should be
> /usr2/virtualwebs/icons/PythonPowered.png
>
> The relevant line in mm_cfg.py
> IMAGE_LOGOS = '/usr2/virtualwebs/icons/'

Did you see my answer to this before?

Leave IMAGE_LOGOS to the default setting

   IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'

And in your Apache configuration file for each virtual host that will
have mailman (or set for all by specifying it outside of any
particular Virtual declaration

  Alias /icons  /real/path/to/where/the/mailman/icons/are

If you also want to use icons that aren't part of mailman and wish to
keep them separate then you can use

   IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mm-icons/'

And

   Alias /mm-icons  /real/path/to/where/the/mailman/icons/are

-j