Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:49:29 -0500
From:      "Murat Bicer" <murat+freebsd@bicer.org>
To:        "Andy Farkas" <andyf@speednet.com.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall->Configure->Fdisk

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:16:22 +1000 (EST), "Andy Farkas"
<andyf@speednet.com.au> said:

> sysinstall's 'FDISK Partition Editor' won't let me create a second slice.
>
> After pressing 'w' it says: "ERROR: Unable to write data to disk ad4!"
> then

check your securelevel

man securelevel

 2     Highly secure mode - same as secure mode, plus disks may not be
       opened for writing (except by mount(2)) whether mounted or not.
       This level precludes tampering with filesystems by unmounting
       them,
       but also inhibits running newfs(8) while the system is multi-user.