Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:39:00 +0400
From:      "Magdalinin Kirill" <bsdforumen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   server stopped responding

Hello,

I have 4.1 Release box that today suddenly stopped responding
except for ping command. I could not connect to it via http,
ssh, ftp or telnet. Then it was rebooted by our hosting enginer
and then I found just a few clues in the logs.

last shows that

some_login ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Wed Jun 20 16:06 - crash(02:26)

which was the last record before it was rebooted.

no errors in /var/log/messages

apache caught a couple of errors before it stopped responding:

(54)Connection reset by peer: getsockname

Does anyone have any explanations or ideas what it was?
What else should I look for?

Please, send copy to my email address.

Thanks in advance,

Kirill Magdalinin