Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 19:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com (Harlan Stenn)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, dfr@render.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DAT tape problems

> I've been quiet, but I can read DAT tapes written from an AIX box, and I
> can write tapes with FreeBSD-SNAP950322 (or whatever) and with -current
> as of 30 April, but I can't read tapes written by either FreeBSD machine
> from either machine.  I don't know if the written tapes contain valid
> data; I just know that "dump" didn't complain when writing them.

Remember to set the tape's blocksize in SMIT to something appropiate
for the tape you wrote on FreeBSD.  Either '0' (meaning variable) or
the exact blocksize you wrote the tape at.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'