Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:46:45 -0700
From:      Tim Gustafson <tjg@ucsc.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS Commands In "D" State

I wanted to follow up with some new status on this.

So, the zpool scrub is going still, but it's going *very* slowly:

pool: backup
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub in progress since Thu Jun  8 15:15:59 2017
  644G scanned out of 103T at 10.5M/s, (scan is slow, no estimated time)
  0 repaired, 0.61% done

I started another zfs send/receive before I left yesterday, and it did
complete successfully.  I'm re-running last night's transfer again (it
failed because the one I started before I left yesterday was still
going), and it seems to be going at a reasonable rate of speed.  So,
I'm really not sure what is happening here.  I'm still concerned that
the zpool scrub is going so slowly.  Usually we can scrub that amount
of data in 3-4 days; at this rate, it will probably take a month or
two.

Since there isn't a userland process for the scrub, is there another
way I can procstat that process to see what it's doing?

--

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Computing Director

To request BSOE IT support, please visit https://support.soe.ucsc.edu/