Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:50:12 -0600
From:      James <jamesh@lanl.gov>
To:        Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Evolution-data-server compiling errors.

Hi Lisandro,

just a quick note - use "reply to all" or whatever the equivalent
feature is in hotmail. Right now, you've only replied to *me*, not to
both me and the list. I have copied the list on this email, so in future
just use "reply to all".

It's great that you're keeping the ports tree up to date. Are you also
running a portupgrade regularly? If so, great, if not:

portupgrade -a

Make *sure* that you read /usr/ports/UPDATING *before* running the
portupgrade and follow any relevant instructions.

--------

If you're portupgrading regularly, are you trimming leaf ports
regularly? If so, great. If not, someone else will have to recommend a
best way to clean leaf ports.

-----

If you're doing all this, try out:
pkg_info -Ix evolution-data-server

This will output a package and its version number. Now try:

portupgrade -rf <whatever that package name and number were>

This forces a recursive upgrade of that package.