Date:      12 Oct 1999 22:45:26 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New patches for Win/TV with 3410 and/or dolby chip 3518

Hello,

31 kernels and boots later I have worked out how to detect and
setup stereo/mono(/bilingual) mode in case of the german stereo
system.

There is a significant difference to the nicam system used in
some other countries. With a nicam source the 3410d is able to do
nearly everything by itself.

In the german B/G FM mode one has to read out the stereo level
register and set the output matrix to stereo, mono or bilingal
mode.

After puting the 3410d into autodetect mode one has to wait about
220ms to a maximum of 500ms for a result of the
autodetect. Depending of the value one will do the switch to
stereo and set some spatial effects like wider stereo base or
pseudo stereo in case of mono station.

The patches are again available at
http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/bktr.patch.gz

They are mainly for german WinTV owners, but should not break the
non german cards.

Please have a look at the patches and give me responce in case of
errors or if you have just recommendations.

The next step should be to set up a set of ioctls to make setting
of the effects and such more easy at application level.

Regards,
        Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/